Why get help with your copy?
A good checking or copywriting service more than pays for itself.
When your written communications are not up to the job, you waste time, money and morale. Build my services into your existing strategy to significantly enhance the return on your total investment.
What changes will you see?
To get a better idea of how professional proofreading and copy-editing can transform your written communications, you might like to take a look at these examples compiled by the Society for Editors and Proofreaders.
Or you can contact me to ask for a free sample of my editing, or to ask me any questions you have about copywriting.
Why choose me?
I have over a decade’s experience of writing and fixing copy professionally – sometimes in-house, sometimes freelance. I’ve worked with businesses, authors, national and local governments, charities, educators, students and social enterprises.
What’s my background?
The materials I’ve handled span fields as wide-ranging as training and education, marketing and PR, sexual violence, research and consultancy, health, sustainability, and equality and diversity.
I’ve also been writing my own poetry and prose fiction, and attending development programmes to hone my creative expression, for more than twenty years.
This broad experience equips me to provide each client with the ideal balance of communication, creativity and efficiency.
Find out details of my services and prices
Social responsibility matters, and at Proof Improved I aim to make my practices as ethical as possible.
- my business account is with the Co-operative Bank, which abides by a customer-driven ethical policy
- all paper and card purchased for work at Proof Improved is made from between 80 and 100% post-consumer recycled waste (depending on what’s available in suitable materials), and I work paperlessly where possible
- toner cartridges are recycled
- I work from a home office, so no routine commuting is required, and my main form of transport to external appointments is public transport
- I minimise the use of energy while working, turning off appliances and lights when they’re not in use, and maximising use of natural light
- one reason I work flexibly and cost-effectively is that I want young ethical initiatives to have affordable access to my editing and copywriting services. This means I can work to support their growth, while their members get on with the business of breaking new ground in their respective fields.
And just like everyone else, I could do more!
I’m always looking for new ways to make sure that what I do for a living makes a positive rather than a negative contribution to our shared world.